- 2 – 16 oz. ( 1lb. ) containers Root’s White- or Combo- Cubed Chicken, thawed in refrigerator or microwave.
- 2 – 10 3/4 oz. cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 C. milk (substitute half-and-half for richer flavor)
- 1 1/2 C. real mayonnaise
- 2 C. rice (not instant, cooked according to package directions and set aside)
- 2 C. diced celery
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 C. sliced almonds
- 1 C. corn flake crumbs
- 1/4 stick butter or margarine
Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter or margarine, add corn flake crumbs and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Spread mixture evenly in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Top with browned corn flake crumbs. Bake for one hour until bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-7 minutes. Serves 6-8.