- 1 – 16 oz. ( 1lb. ) container Root’s Seasoned Shredded Chicken Mix, thawed in refrigerator or microwave, and drained.
- 6 flour tortillas, 6-8 inch
- 12 oz. shredded or sliced cheese (cheddar, cojack, Mexican blend or pepper jack)
- Cajun or Creole seasoning to taste
- 1 – 4.5 oz. can peeled, chopped green chilies, drained
Heat the Root’s Shredded Chicken in a pan on the stove or in a bowl in the microwave; stir in the seasoning and set aside. Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spread and ample layer of cheese to cover the entire tortilla. Spread a generous layer of Shredded Chicken to cover half the tortilla. Sprinkle with drained green chillies. Continue heating over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the underside of the tortilla begins to brown lightly. Fold the tortilla in half, place in a warmed pan or platter, and cover with a folded kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve with additional toppings such as a favorite salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, sliced and drained olives or guacamole. Alternative for those on restricted diets: Substitute Root’s Unseasoned Shredded Chicken Mix.