- 1 lb fresh ground chicken
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup chopped onion
- 1 ⁄ 8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄ 8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I use fresh)
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
- chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and break into small crumbles; add onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Blend soup, broth, mushrooms, flour and tomato paste: add to skillet. Heat until bubbly, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for about ten minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice or pasta.